Our Food Services team offers a varied menu of healthy, delicious foods.
Whether preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner for 150 grade school children and university students, bag lunches to take into the field, a gala banquet, or appetizers for visiting dignitaries, Executive Chef Patrick Edmunson and his team do their utmost to ensure quality and variety.
Our Executive Chef endeavors to:
- use fresh whole foods in our menus
- eliminate packaged and processed foods
- use foods free of preservatives, dyes, coatings and fillers whenever possible
- have a strong foundational knowledge of the products we use
- use herbs grown on-site
Food allergies and special diets
Most special diets and food allergies can be accommodated with advance notice. Contact your program coordinator in advance of your arrival.
- Ensure that your Diet Information Sheet is FULLY completed and submitted well in advance of your arrival at BMSC.
- Describe in detail the severity of your (or your child’s) allergies.
- Food preferences are not considered dietary requirements.
Each special diet is prepared in advance of other meals and isolated to assure no cross-contamination.
- Vegetarian (specify whether you eat eggs and/or dairy products)
- Gluten Free (be advised that we make bread in the cafeteria and there may be flour dust in the air)
- Kosher or Halal
- air-born allergies
- extreme dietary restrictions
- Breakfast: 7:30 AM to 8:00 AM
- Lunch: 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM
- Dinner: 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM
As part of the room and board package, meals are served three times a day, seven days a week. In case of a day trip, bag lunches or a brunch will be provided. Lunch and dinner meals include all-you-can-eat salad bar and dessert.
Meals will be served for the first 1/2 hour. Second helpings are placed out after everyone has been served.