Permit guidelines for Faculty

Permits are required for various research and education activities.

Contact your program coordinator for your permit requirements.

See below for permit application forms and links.

Collection of marine organisms: Department of Fisheries and Oceans

Permits for collecting marine animals, including Pacific Salmon, for your course at BMSC is arranged by the University Program’s Coordinator.

Access to lands & collection of organisms: Huu-ay-aht First Nation (HFN)

All anthropological, ethnographic, ethno-biological or archaeological study or field-work in the Huu-ay-aht First Nations traditional territory, as well as all studies involving collections from the Huu-ay-aht First Nations traditional territory, must be carried out under an Investigation Permit by the Huu-ay-aht First Nations.

What areas are HFN lands? Click here for maps.

The University Programs Coordinator will assist you with ensuring the appropriate permits are in place.  Please notify us at least 30 days before the start of your course if you wish to access HFN lands during your course.

Camping overnight on HFN lands, whether for recreational or research purposes, requires a permit. Complete and submit to HFN as directed on the form.

Access to lands & collection of terrestrial and freshwater organisms: Ministry of Environment

B.C. Ministry of Environment permits are required to collect freshwater fish in lakes and streams in B.C., and any terrestrial organisms.

The University Programs Coordinator will assist Faculty in obtaining the required permits. Please give us plenty of notice to ensure we obtain these permits in time for your course.

Collection: Federal jurisdictions

Federal land (Parks Canada):

The University Programs Coordinator will assist you in obtaining federally issued permits which are required to collect certain animals, marine plants and for the salvage of marine birds.

“At Parks Canada, a Research and Collection Permit must be obtained from the superintendent for any archaeological research conducted on land under the jurisdiction of Parks Canada (national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas). These permits are issued in accordance with legislation, regulations and policies such as Parks Canada’s Guiding Principles and Operational Policies, the Canada National Parks Act, the Canada National Marine Conservation Areas Act, the Saguenay–St. Lawrence Marine Park Act, and the Species at Risk Act (SARA). Therefore, in addition to receiving a permit, it is recommended that researchers obtain qualified advice on meeting the obligations spelled out in the different archaeological legislation, policies and directives.”

Permits for Archaeological Research

Provincial Heritage Conservation Act Heritage Investigation Research Permit (section 14):
“British Columbia’s archaeological sites are protected under the Heritage Conservation Act (HCA). The provisions of the HCA apply whether sites are located on public or private land. Archaeological sites are protected through designation as “Provincial heritage sites” (section 9), or through automatic protection by virtue of being of particular historic or archaeological value (section 13). Protected archaeological sites may not be altered, i.e. changed in any manner, without a permit issued by the Minister or designate. The HCA affords considerable discretionary authority in determining if, and under what conditions, such permits are to be granted (sections 12 and 14).”
Situs sbobet resmi terpercaya. Daftar situs slot online gacor resmi terbaik. Agen situs judi bola resmi terpercaya. Situs idn poker online resmi. Agen situs idn poker online resmi terpercaya. Situs idn poker terpercaya.

situs idn poker terbesar di Indonesia.

List website idn poker terbaik.

Situs agen slot terpercaya dan resmi