Bamfield is a picturesque and remote coastal community on Vancouver Island, known for its natural beauty and outdoor activities. While some of its attractions are well-known, there are still some hidden gems and local secret spots to find. Keep in mind that these may not remain secret for long, so always be respectful of the environment and local communities. Here are a few local spots in Bamfield (you’ll have to find the secret ones yourself):
- Bamfield Boardwalk: The Bamfield Boardwalk offers a quiet and tranquil way to explore the town’s waterfront. It’s a peaceful stroll with beautiful views, especially during sunrise and sunset.
- Pachena Bay: Located a short drive from Bamfield, Pachena Beach is a sight to behold! Pachena Bay Campground offers campsites right by the beach. It’s a quieter alternative to some of the more popular campgrounds in the region.
- Hidden Coves: Explore the coastline around Bamfield to discover hidden coves and inlets that offer seclusion and stunning views. Some of these may only be accessible by boat or kayak.
- Boomer Trail: Start at the gravel lot across the street from Grappler boat launch and enjoy a peaceful walk and perhaps spot local wildlife like birds and deer.
- Local Cafes: Seek out some of the smaller, lesser-known cafes in Bamfield for a taste of local cuisine and baked goods. Check the Bamfield Chamber of Commerce link here to explore further.
- Artisan Workshops: Look for local artisans and crafters who may have hidden workshops and galleries where you can view and purchase their creations.
- Tide Pools: While tide pooling is a common activity, ask locals for advice on lesser-known tide pool locations where you can discover unique marine life.
- Star Gazing: Bamfield’s remote location makes it an excellent spot for stargazing. Find a quiet spot away from town lights and enjoy the night sky.
Remember that part of the charm of these hidden spots is their pristine and untouched nature, so always practice Leave No Trace principles to help preserve these areas for future generations. Additionally, local residents and businesses can often provide insider tips on less-known attractions, so don’t hesitate to strike up a conversation and ask for recommendations when you visit Bamfield.