Applications are now closed for the 2022 Fall Program in Marine Sciences .
Our Fall Program in Marine Sciences offers an immersive, marine sciences experience at the senior undergraduate level. We inspire investigation, promote critical thinking and offer students the opportunity to conduct an independent research project.
Fall Program in Marine Sciences:
- Students must take a full course load of five courses. Courses are not offered individually.
- Three courses run in successive 3 1/2-week blocks while two courses extend throughout the duration of the program.
- Classes are scheduled from Monday to Friday, and involve lectures, discussions, laboratory, and field excursions.
- Class size – 24 students.
- 3rd year standing in Biological Sciences, Environmental Science, Geography, Resource Management, or equivalent.
- Introductory Ecology and Introductory Statistics, or equivalents
- Ecological Adaptations of Seaweeds: Non-Vascular Plants
- Structure & Function in Marine Animals: Invertebrate Zoology
How to Apply for Fall 2022 courses
BMSC Fees – Scholarships are available to help offset these fees.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2022, 11:59 pm
*Our ability to host on-site courses depends upon the state of the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic, BC Health Guidelines and approval from our five member universities. If necessary, we will cancel the in-person courses July 1, 2021 so students and faculty have time to adjust their schedules. We will not be offering any Fall online courses.
|Sep 8, 2022 - Oct 29, 2022||Ecological Adaptations of Seaweeds||3 weeks||View Details|
|Sep 8, 2022 - Dec 16, 2022||Applied Data Analysis in Marine Science||15 weeks||View Details|
|Oct 3, 2022 - Oct 26, 2022||Marine Population Ecology & Dynamics||3 weeks||View Details|
|Oct 27, 2022 - Nov 18, 2022||Structure & Function in Marine Animals||3 weeks||View Details|
|Nov 21, 2022 - Dec 16, 2022||Directed Studies in Marine Science – Fall||4 weeks||View Details|
*Course dates subject to change